Higher Education in Worcester
- Assumption College
- Becker College
- Clark University
- College of the Holy Cross
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Worcester State University
- Adams Street School Collection
- Clark University Sociology Papers
- Colleges of Worcester Consortium Collection
- English and Classical High School Photograph Collection (1887)
- English High School Class of 1905 Photograph Collection
- English High School Class of 1913 Photograph Collection
- Milton Grace Photograph Collection (school photos)
- Highland Military Academy Photograph Collection
- Highland Military Academy Records c. 1860-1919
- Innovative Learning International Publication
- Muttergarten Collection
- North High School Class of 1934 Collection
- Oread Collegiate Institute Collection
- Oread Institute Collection
- School Board Records Collection
- South High School Class of 1904 Photograph Collection
- Supernor Family School Photograph Collection
- University in Cambridge Program
- Worcester High School (1870s) Photograph Collection
- Worcester High School Class of 1892 and 1893 Photograph Collection
- Worcester Public School Plans
- Worcester Schools Collection
- The First Schoolhouse in Worcester (1903)
- Massachusetts State Normal School at Worcester Course Catalog (1888)
- Exhibition of Creative Work of Worcester High School Art Classes: Worcester Art Museum, 1939
- — (1978). Through the Years, 1901-1978: South High School, Worcester, Massachusetts. Worcester, Mass.: The Schools.
- Cahill, Ann J. (1993). Women on the Hill: Alumnae Reflect on Twenty Years at Holy Cross, 1972-1992. Worcester, Mass.: College of the Holy Cross.
- Chenoweth, C. Van D. (1899). The School History of Worcester. Worcester, Mass.: Wood.
- Koelsch, William A. (1987). Clark University, 1887-1987: A Narrative History. Worcester: Clark University Press.
- Kuzniewski, Anthony J. (1999). Thy Honored Name: A History of the College of the Holy Cross, 1843-1994. Washington, DC: Catholic University of America Press.
- McGraw, Robert, Robert Leestamper, and Herb Taylor (1974). The First 100 Years: Worcester State College. Worcester, Mass.: WSC Office of Community Services.
- Meagher, Walter J. and William J. Grattan (1966). The Spires of Fenwick: A History of the College of the Holy Cross, 1843-1963. New York: Vantage Press.
- Moynihan, Kenneth J. (2004). Assumption College: A Centennial History 1904-2004. Worcester, Mass.: Assumption College.
- Roe, Alfred S. (1892). Worcester Classical and English High School: A Record of Forty-Seven Years. Worcester, Mass.: Publihsed by the author.
- Traina, Richard P. (2005). Changing the World: Clark University’s Pioneering People, 1887-2000. Worcester, Mass.: Chandler House Press.
- Waite, Frederick Clayton (1932). The First Sectarian Medical School in New England: At Worcester (1846-1859) and its Relation to Thomsonianism. Boston, Mass.: Massachusetts Medical Society.
- Ward, George O. (1917). The First Four Principals of Worcester Academy: A Series of Biographical Sketches. Worcester, Mass.: Davis Pr.
- Ward, George O. (1916). Worcester Academy Under the Quest of the Antiquarian: A Study into the Locations and Early History of Worcester Academy. Worcester, Mass.: [s.n.].
- Wright, Martha Elizabeth Burt and Anna M. Bancroft (1905). History of the Oread Collegiate Institute, Worcester, Mass. (1849-1911), with Biographical Sketches. New Haven: Tuttle, Morehouse & Tyler.
2 thoughts on “Schools and Education”
I just came across some old glass slides and they say Charles F Adams, State Normal School, Worcester Mass on the side. I’m curious if this was the name of the school or are this slides from Adams? They are slides of Castle Rock in Green River Wyoming.
The school was called the Normal School. Charles F Adams was one of the founding faculty. See his bio under the section First Faculty Project (on the left) https://libguides.worcester.edu/archives/WSU_History