Worcester Military Organizations
- Worcester Militia
- Worcester Artillery (organized after the Revolution)
- Worcester Light Infantry (est. 1803)
- Worcester City Guards (est. 1840)
- Jackson Guards (est. 1852)
- Emmet Guards (est. 1859)
- Ladies’ Auxiliary to the Emmet Guards (est. 1898)
- Worcester Continentals (est. 1879)
French & Indian War
- 15th Massachusetts Collection
- 25th Massachusetts Collection
- 36th Massachusetts Collection
- 51st Massachusetts Collection
- 57th Regiment Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry Records
- Civil War Collection
- Civil War Covers Collection
- James Drennan Records
- James M. Drennan Papers
- G. A. R. – George H. Ward Post 10 Collection
- John M. Goodhue Collection
- Grand Army of the Republic Collection
- Alexander H. Johnson Papers
- Otis H. Knight Diary Collection
- Joseph B. Knox Collection
- Ladies of the G. A. R.: General Charles Devens Circle 30 Collection
- Mander A. Maynard Collection
- Herbert W. Mills Collection
- Nichols Family Collection
- Josiah Pickett Collection
- Edward T. Raymond Papers
- Artemas H. Skinner Collection
- Moses Smith Collection
- Frederick Stiles Collection
- John W. Wetherell Papers Collection
- Charles S. Wilder Collection
- Dr. Albert Wood Collection (surgeon)
Spanish American War
World War I
- Romeo Gravel Collection
- Chester D. Heywood Collection
- Henry R. Noyes Collection
- William M. Snow Collection
- World War I Postcard Collection
World War II
- Russ Baptist Papers
- Eliza C. Beal Letters
- Stanley Cook Collection
- Richard Davidson Collection
- Edmund Kowalczyk Collection
- Edward C. Lapinsky Collection
- Joseph J. Oliver Jr. Collection
- John G. Reed Military Collection
- William M. Snow Collection
- Albert B. Southwick World War II Letters
- Joseph Stano Photograph Collection
- Vernon Hill Spiel World War II Letter Collection
- Nathaniel Wheeler Collection
- Frederick Adam Young Jr. Collection
- Massachusetts Militia Collection
- Warren C. Lane Jr. Collection (US Navy)
- Nathaniel Moore Collection (militia captain)
- Soldiers’ Monument Collection
- Staples Family Collection (Battle of Little Bighorn)
- Worcester Continentals
- Worcester Light Infantry Collection
Books, Articles, & Manuscripts
- —(1874). Dedication of the Soldiers’ Monument at Worcester, Massachusetts, July 15, 1874. Worcester, Mass.: Printed by order of the Monument Committee.
- Baller, William Arthur (1994). Military Mobilization During the American Revolution in Marblehead and Worcester, Massachusetts. PhD dissertation, Clark University.
- Cummings, Pamela J. (1992). “Worcester County soldiers in the Civil War.” Historical Journal of Massachusetts.
- Dodge, Mary Cochran (1902). A List of the Soldiers in the War of the Rebellion, from Worcester, Mass.: With a Record of their Death and Place of Burial. Worcester, Mass.: Col. Timothy Bigelow Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
- Hathaway, Samuel (1989). History of the Worcester Guards and the Worcester City Guards from 1840 to 1896. Washington, DC: Library of Congress.
- Johnson, Donald E. (1953). Worcester in the War for Independence. PhD dissertation, Clark University.
- Lovell, Albert A. (1876). Worcester in the War of the Revolution: Embracing the Acts of the Town from 1765 to 1783 Inclusive. Worcester, Mass.: Tyler & Seagrave.
- Munro, Wilfred Harold (1913). The Most Successful American Privateer: An Episode of the War of 1812. Worcester, Mass.: The Society.
- Penley, Geneva H. (1940). Loyalists of Worcester County, 1765-1784. Master’s thesis, Clark University.
- Rice, Franklin P. (1895). A Summary Military History of Worcester. Worcester, Mass.: Putnam, Davis and Co.
- Webster, Warren (1865). The Army Medical Staff: An Address Delivered at the Inauguration of the Dale General Hospital, Worcester, Mass., February 22, 1865. Boston: Wright & Potter, Printers.
- Zellers, Henry A. (1975). Worcester in the Era of the Revolution. Worcester, Mass.: Clark Communications Office.