Ethnic Groups in Worcester
- Cohen, Morris H. (1976). Worcester’s Ethnic Groups: A Bicentennial View. Worcester, Mass.: Worcester Bicentennial Commission.
- Doughton, Thomas L. and B. Eugene McCarthy, eds. (2007). From Bondage to Belonging: The Worcester Slave Narratives. Amherst: University of Massachusetts Press.
- Burns, Nancy Kathryn and Janette Thomas Greenwood (2017). Rediscovering an American Community of Color: The Photographs of William Bullard, 1897-1917. Worcester, Mass.: Worcester Art Museum.
- Greenwood, Janette Thomas (2010). First Fruits of Freedom: The Migration of Former Slaves and their Search for Equality in Worcester, Massachusetts, 1862-1900. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press.
- Brooks, Tanya (2018). Our Beloved Kin: A New History of King Philip’s War. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Connole, Dennis A. (2007). The Indians of the Nipmuck Country in Southern New England, 1630-1750. Jefferson, NC: McFarland.
- DeLucia, Christine M. (2018). Memory Lands: King Philip’s War and the Place of Violence in the Northeast. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Boosahda, Elizabeth (2003). Arab-American Faces and Voices: The Origins of an Immigrant Community. Austin: University of Texas Press.
- “Yankees of the East”: The Racial History of Twentieth-Century America Through the Eyes of Worcester Armenians and their Descendants
- Apkarian-Russell, Pamela E. (2000). Images of America: Armenians of Worcester. Massachusetts: Arcadia Publishing.
- Deranian, Hagop Martin (1998). Worcester is America: The Story of Worcester’s Armenians: The Early Years. Worcester, Mass.: Bennate Pub.
- Der Kazarian, Marion (1995). Sacrifice and Redemption: A Personal Chronicle of the Armenian Genocide and the Worcester Armenian Community. Watertown, Mass.: Baikar Pub.
- Magigonian, Marc A. (2004). The Armenians of New England: Celebrating a Culture and Preserving a Heritage. Belmont, Mass.: Armenian Heritage Press.
- — (1994). Strength in Diversity: Worcester’s Finnish Community: A Collection of Photographs and Recollections. Rutland, Mass.: Finnish Club of Rutland.
- Voultsos, Mary (1992). Greeks in Worcester, Massachusetts. Worcester, Mass.: Curry Printing and Copy Center.
- Humphrey, George L. (1997). A County Kerry Enclave in Worcester, Massachusetts. Master’s thesis, Harvard University.
- Meagher, Timothy J. (2004). Inventing Irish America: Generation, Class, and Ethnic Identity in a New England City, 1880-1928. Notre Dame, Ind.: Univ. of Notre Dame Press.
- Powers, Vincent E. (1989). Invisible Immigrants: The Pre-Famine Irish Community in Worcester, Massachusetts, from 1826 to 1860. New York: Garland Pub.
- Lapomarda, Vincent A. (2015). The Italians in Worcester County, Massachusetts.
- Proko, Barbara, John Kraska and Janice Baniukiewicz Stickles (2003). The Polish Community of Worcester. Charleston, SC: Arcadia.
- Proko, Barbara and Janice Baniukiewicz Stickles (2007). Worcester County’s Polish Community. Charleston, SC: Arcadia.
- Bloom Family Collection
- Ekstrom Family Papers
- Hoganas Dues and Membership Ledger (1919-1987)
- Hoganas Society #2 Collection
- Erik Tamm Letters
- Estus, Charles W., John F. McClymer, and Caroline F. Sloat (1994). Ga Till Amerika: The Swedish Creation of an Ethnic Identity for Worcester, Massachusetts. Worcester, Mass.: Worcester Historical Museum.
- Salomonsson, Eric J., William O. Hultgren, and Philip C. Becker (2002). Swedes of Greater Worcester. Charleston, SC: Arcadia.
- Salomonsson, Eric J., William O. Hultgren, and Philip C. Becker (2005). Swedes of Greater Worcester Revisited. Charleston, SC: Arcadia.
- Salomonsson, Eric J. (2015). Swedish Heritage of Greater Worcester. Charleston, SC: History Press.
- Millett, Stephen M. (1998). The Scottish Settlers of America: The 17th and 18th Centuries. Baltimore, Maryland: Clearfield.